Monday, August 18, 2008

I Survived!

Really, the plane ride wasn't so bad. Our flight from New York to Mephis was absolutely PERFECT, there was hardly any turbulence. It was also really cool to be able to look at the city from the plane window, something I've been too scared to do for years now. Our flight from Memphis to Mobile was REALLY turbulent though. Thankfully, it was only about a 40 minute flight.

So my parents and I got picked up at the airport by my aunt, grandma, and cousin. They drove us to my aunt and uncle's house in Fairhope - about a 50 minute ride. Also, you should note: I have 7+ aunts and uncles...so these series of entries may be a little confusing. Anyway, their house is huge. And beautiful. I should probably be taking pictures. So we ate dinner (a nice southern fish fry) and dessert (lemon ice cream pie). It was delicious, but we were all really full, so we took a walk around the neighborhood.

Today we're planning on driving out to Dauphin Island, where we'll be staying. It's a nice little island off the coast of Mobile, located right in the gulf. I was hoping to get some sun during this trip (I'm pale!), but the weather doesn't look so good thanks to Hurricane Fey.

0 comments: