Friday, August 22, 2008

Pictures

Yesterday was actually pretty fun. We started out going to a car repair place appropriately named "Mr. Transmission." It was hot and I was miserable. Once we were done getting our transmission looked at we made our way over to the downtown area, which really made me miss New York. Here are some of the things we saw on the way there:


This was just some big fancy building we saw right before we got into downtown Mobile...


The first tall buildings I've seen since we left New York!

After stopping by a cafe for iced lattes (with coffee ice cubes!) we walked over to the Exploreum, a science museum that I remembered visiting years and years ago. The main exhibit was all about frogs, and they actually had a lot of different types.

They had some nice Poison Dart Frogs...



Really bizarre flat frogs (I'm convinced they're actually dead flat frogs)...


A lot of the frogs liked climbing up the side of the glass and just positioning themselves there...



And a cute little tree frog:



After the frog exhibit, we made our way upstairs to the "Minds On" exhibit. Among the goodies upstairs were:

ROBOTS

CHEMISTRY <3

HEAT SENSORS

It was actually a lot of fun. I think I enjoy science museums even more now than I did when I was a kid.

There was also some maniacal floating head...

Weird.

On our way back from downtown I was able to get a pretty decent picture of this bridge I've been wanting to photograph. Doesn't it look like half of a sine curve!?


Once we got back to the Condo we went for a swim and realized that somehow a sand crab had found its way into the pool. We took it out and released it.


0 comments: