The weather wasn't bad at all sunday morning, when we left. But still...both plan rides were terrible. I went back into anxiety mode, all after I thought I had gotten through with my fear of flying! But I was so relieved to finally land back in LaGuardia. The first thing we did after getting home to Long Island City was to ride into Manhattan and so to the 5th Ave. apple store to get my computer looked at (my charger was working intermittently all throughout the trip). But of course when we got there it worked fine. And it's working fine now, so I guess there's no problem.
Alabama made me realize how much I really love New York. In Alabama we spent the whole day indoors, hiding from the heat. Whenever we wanted to go anywhere, we just hopped into the car. I don't think I could live like that. I NEED public transportation, I need to walk. I missed my dirty subways and hot city streets. And now we're back and I can go back to my pedestrian lifestyle!
I'm about to go make a visit to my job and tell them I'm going to have to quit. I kind of feel bad about doing it, but I'm going to be so busy during September once school starts that I won't have time to work. I am going to see if they need me to work at all this week though, and then it'll be my last.
Monday, August 25, 2008
I love New York!
Posted by Kasey at 11:42:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment