So I was hanging out with a friend yesterday up at the Columbia campus. It was really hot, and kind of boring just walking around, so we went to hide in the Columbia bookstore. We ended up staying there for quite a while, before he got a call from one of his friends, inviting us to a party. I have not been to a party at all this entire summer, nor am I especially integrated into the party scene at my school. But I figured, what the hell - I may as well go. Also, the party was being hosted by - get this - the president of the National Honors Society. So I found that humorous.
Anyway, we met up with said friend and also one of my friends. So there were four of us in total, and we had about 2.5 hours to kill before the party. So we went around, got coffee, got food, etc. We showed up at the party and found that in order to be allowed admission we would have to be on "the list". "The list" was simply just a list of all the people who accepted the invite on facebook. Unfortunately, all of us had been invited, but only one of us accepted. Anyway, the host came down and gave us the okay. So we hopped on the elevator and rode up to the penthouse.
I wasn't expecting much. But as soon as those elevator doors parted, we could see the dark party room, with lights flashing, and could feel the bass through the floors. We walked in and got ourselves situated over in a corner, and just hung around there. SO many people from my school showed up, and I had so much fun! I saw so many people I haven't seen since June, and I didn't really realize until now how much I missed them. Of course, there were some obnoxious people from the class above mine, but this would probably be the last I'd see of them anyway, so who cares!
Unfortunately, everyone decided to leave the party around the same time (I'm not sure why) so were were all standing around waiting for the elevators when the host came over demanding our attention. Someone had stolen her wallet, and I felt really bad. It's completely disrespectful to do that, to anyone, but even more so when it's the host. She really didn't deserve it. But in the back of my head I was worrying about getting home. It was around 11:45 when we tried to leave, and I had told my parents I would be home by 11:30! I had been trying to leave a while before, but my friend was busy in her state of confusion (some people just aren't as responsible as I am!), so I had to wait for her since we were planning on taking the train together. Bad situation. To make things worse, I had to travel to a whole other borough!
So I let the host and her posse check my bag so they'd let me leave. My friend and I took the elevator down, and when we got outside the building, we met up with the friend I had been with at the Columbia campus. I made sure she was being watched, then made it clear that I had to leave, NOW. So I walked to an ATM, took out some money and flagged down a cab. I hopped in and rolled down the windows, smiling uncontrollable while I let the wind hit my face. Because all in all, I really had a lot of fun. There are people my age who can be completely irresponsible at parties, and go crazy. But I know my limits. I know that I can have fun socializing, which is what I did.
All in all, it was a pretty cool experience. It was the first time my class came together outside of school and was just like "Holy shit. We're seniors". So I don't know, hopefully more things like this will end up springing up throughout the school year. And I'm sure they will. The bad part though, was that I got home around 12, and didn't get to sleep till about 2:30 in the morning...and I still woke up before 9! So I'll probably pretty tired tonight.
In other news.
I NEED to start packing. I'm not one to wait until the last minute for these things. But I think that's how it may end up this time.
I get paid tomorrow! Granted, it's only for one day of work. But I'm going to try and target it towards my savings for a Wii. I feel like I'm going to need a Wii for this year - just to help blow off some steam. It's also what I plan on doing ALL NIGHT before my early action decisions come out. I haven't mentioned this yet, but any one who knows me knows that I am absolutely in love with MIT. So I'm applying EA there...hopefully things will work out.
I love Luke Skywalker. I'd chose him over Han Solo any day. (Oh god, what has become of me!?)
I'm hungry.
I guess that's all for now.
Friday, August 15, 2008
A Nice Taste of the End of Summer
Posted by Kasey at 3:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment